Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2026

Banana Blueberry Muffins – Whole Wheat Muffins with Blueberries

Category: Baking / Kids Snacks / Breakfast
Preparation Time: 10–15 mins
Cooking Time: 20–25 mins
Servings: Yields around 12-15 muffins

Today I’m sharing a simple and delicious Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe made with very ripe bananas and frozen wild blueberries.



I usually like to use very ripe bananas in baking since they naturally add sweetness and moisture. For these muffins, I wanted to keep the added sugar to a minimum, especially since we are also adding blueberries. I use just 2–3 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet the bananas and blueberries are.

I usually make these with 3 eggs, which gives the muffins a soft and moist texture. But you can also use 2 eggs and the muffins turn out well.

Banana Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are perfect for kids’ lunch or snack boxes and are also easy to whip up on a busy morning. When I pack muffins for lunch or snacks, I usually make them in a smaller size so they are easy to pack, quick to grab, and convenient for kids to eat. They can also be made ahead and packed for the next day’s breakfast or snack.

I used white whole wheat flour here, which is the flour I generally prefer for my baking. The combination of ripe banana, coconut oil and blueberries makes these muffins soft, flavorful and delicious!

Ingredients:

  • Well ripe bananas - 4 nos, mashed
  • Eggs - 2–3 nos
  • Coconut oil - 6 Tbsp, melted
  • Coconut sugar / Cane sugar - 2–3 Tbsp
  • Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
  • White whole wheat flour - 1½ cups
  • Baking powder - 2 tsp
  • Baking soda - 2 tsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Frozen wild blueberries - 1 cup (adjust as needed)

Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and keep aside.
  • Mash the well ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl.
  • Add eggs, melted coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix everything well.
  • In a separate bowl, combine the white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and gently mix until everything is just combined. Do not overmix the batter.
  • Add the frozen wild blueberries and gently fold them into the batter. There is no need to thaw the blueberries.
  • Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them about half or ¾ full.
  • Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 20–25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
  • Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5–10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
  • Enjoy these soft and delicious Banana Blueberry Muffins!

Notes:

  • The amount of sugar can be adjusted between 2–3 Tbsp depending on the sweetness of the bananas and blueberries.
  • I usually use 3 eggs for a softer and moister muffin, but 2 eggs can also be used.
  • Frozen wild blueberries can be added directly to the batter without thawing.
  • You can adjust the quantity of blueberries depending on how much you like in your muffins.
  • Very ripe bananas work best for this recipe as they provide natural sweetness and moisture.
  • Store the completely cooled muffins in an airtight container. They can also be refrigerated or frozen for later use.

Enjoy these homemade muffins with a cup of coffee or tea, or pack them into the kids’ lunch or snack box! 


No comments:

Post a Comment